Priyanka Chopra Bio

Date of Birth: 18 July 1982

Place of Birth: Jamshedpur, Bihar, India

Priyanka Chopra Height: 5′ 8″ (1.73 m)

Priyanka Chopra Weight — 53 Kgs

Zodiac: Cancer

Colour of Hair: Black

Colour of Eyes: Dark-Brown

Nickname/Petname: Sunshine, Mimi, Yanka, Priyucka Cobra, The Queen Of Bollywood, Priya

Father: Capt. Dr. Ashok Chopra

Mother: Dr. Madhu Chopra

Her dad is Punjabi-speaking, while her mom is from Bihar.

Priyanka Chopra was winner of the Miss India and Miss World beauty pageants in 2000.

She started her education at La Martinière Girls College in Lucknow as a resident student; a short stay at Maria Goretti College in Bareilly prepared her for further studies in the USA. Having completed tenth grade in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, she decided to become a software Engineer or a Criminal Psychologist.

She was listed as number 2 of ‘Top Bollywood Actresses’ of 2006. (rediff.com, 8-25-2006)

Priyanka Chopra came in second place at Femina Miss India 2000 competition winning the Femina Miss India World title and subsequently being sent to Miss World where she was crowned Miss World 2000. In the same year, Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza, both also from India, won the Miss Universe and Miss Asia Pacific crowns respectively, in a rare triple victory for one country.

Personal Quotes

When I became Miss World, I couldn’t believe I had won it. I used to sleep with my crown because I was scared someone would steal it. In a minute the world changed for me. (July 2007)

I’m lucky. I don’t know whether I’m deserving or not. All I know is that I work damn hard for everything. And God helps those who help themselves. Every day is like an exam. I believe destiny and hard work go hand in hand.

I haven’t taken a holiday in the last four years. I’m working 25 hours a day. There’s no time to sleep or to eat. (July 2007)

I have a thirst to know everything about my profession. I want to learn about cinematography, about editing, about music recordings, about post-production. I’m not scared of working 20 hours a day.

I adore watching movies. I also love music and like reading whenever I get the time.

Priyanka Chopra’s fitness

I do yoga and find it both relaxing and very energising. It’s great to keep your mind and body healthy. It’s definitely something I would recommend. My gym work-outs usually last for about an hour.

My Happiness Quotient:

Work keeps me happy. Also my family. I am quite a family person by nature and would rather spend time at home with them, than party out. Simple things in life like seeing a child smile makes me happy. Chilling at home watching a nice movie gives me as much joy as shooting round the clock does. I really am a happy-go-lucky-person. I love to have positive people around me. There is no room for negativity in my life. I’m a very positive and optimistic person myself and appreciate the same qualities in others as well.

Link